Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sweden, part 2

Marie has headed off to the north of Sweden for the weekend, leaving me to explore Stockholm on my own. Stockholm is hosting a tall ships race over the next week or so. As far as I can tell, a tall ship is a sailing ship with very large masts, with about 30 crew each. I had great plans for yesterday, which included heading down to the Quay to watch the 'tall ships' come in for the race starting on Tuesday. Unfortunately, a big storm also came in yesterday, so I decided to stay at home and enjoy watching the rain from Marie's balcony - a pity I wasn't sitting in Australia watching the rain.

The weather has cleared up today, so I again plan to go and see the tall ships. I think there is an Australian competitor; I was watching the Swedish news last night, and I think the news reader said Australia and I'm pretty sure I saw our flag - however, since the news was in Swedish I only have a vague idea as to what the newsreader said.

I haven't heard from Jim yet, which was worrying me slightly, until I remembered to check to see if he had used his credit card. Last night he was at a rest stop in Choranche, which is about 230km from Geneva. I assume that he has therefore gotten a bike and is on his way to Nice.

No comments: