Sunday, August 12, 2007

Frankfurt

The summer school finished yesterday morning and I came to Frankfurt today. The free bus from Marktoberdorf left at 5:45 am this morning - so I had an early start. My flight wasn't scheduled until 5pm, but since everybody I knew was going on the bus, it seemed like a better prospect than spending the day alone in Marktoberdorf and getting a train in the afternoon.

German efficiency won out howeverr, I managed to change my flight to 10am, so no waiting at the airport. I also managed to change my Nice flight tomorrow, I originally was arriving at 5pm, so about 5 hours after Jim (he is picking up the car at the airport). I will now arrive at 10am, so hopefully I will be able to find both the car rental place, and him, since I have no way of letting him know my flight changed (unless he checks our email account, or he gets my ESP messages and calls me).

I wish I had investigated this hostel a little better before making a non-refundable booking. While it is very close to the train station (so $3 euro to get to the airport instead of $25 for a taxi), it is in the middle of the red light district; the main city district is a about a 5 minute walk, so the same proximity between Hinley Street and Rundle Mall. I think Germans must be a lot more accepting about that type of thing than Australians - the ads for the 'services' offered next door are quite explicit. I'm really glad that I'm only staying overnight, and that I won't have the whole day here tomorrow like I had originally planned with the flight. On the plus side, breakfast is free!

Love to all,

Kylie

Edit: Internet access might be more difficult from now on, so don't panic if I don't immediately respond to an email. If you need to contact me urgently, just send an SMS (or call - but SMS would be better).

No comments: