Friday, August 10, 2007

Marktoberdorf

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, but I have been busy at the Marktoberdorf Summer School. As I said, the beer here is quite good, and it is free which is a very good quality to have in a beer.

The food is okay, but is very repetitive. I think the cook has a formula of good food, and he is sticking to it. Every night we have had a watery salty soup with meat in it; it was very nice the first night, but now at night number 10 it isn't so good. On Friday we had individual roast pork - all served with a massive knife poking out. A very original way of serving a roast, I might try it the next time I make one.

The excursion for the School was held yesterday; they went climbing in the Alps. Unfortunately, they didn't have an easy version (it was an 8 hour trek), so I stayed behind and prepared the talk I gave today. Missing out has made me more determined to see the French side of the Alps because the pictures people bought back were lovely.

Thanks for all of the comments and email. It is nice to know that people are reading it, and you are all safe.

4 more sleeps till I see Jim again!

No comments: